Friday, November 18, 2011

Impressions Part I

His first impression lasted only a few short seconds
I rolled my eyes, prompting his switch in directions
I summoned my manners and nonchalantly apologized
Turning up my charms, somehow disarmed his disguise
He sauntered back confidently, with an erect stride
I observed him succinctly, designer shoes to sparkling eyes
His fragrance was flagrant as it percolated about
I sniffed in amazement, because his aroma was brazen
It awoken something in me that was hidden and latent
We small talked at first, just the basic chit chatting
Soon we became engrossed, his intrepidation was slacking
He walked me to my doorstep, not caring if I was married or kept
Giving me utmost respect, my apprehension abruptly left
His demeanor, Shakespearian
Not the average fish in the aquarium
I’m a dreamer, bordering delirium
He’s a fact finder, oh so contrarian
Fast forward:  now we’re lounging on the floor
Horizontally opposite, my feet facing the bedroom door
We continued commentary from the week before, then
Abruptly his back chasmed my hands volunteered to explore
As I was working on his spasm, he started to subconsciously relax
I’m sure he never fathomed his resistance would collapse
His wall left ajar, exposing remnants of his emotional scars
Could I piece together the shards? Or just let him strum his damaged guitar?
These were the impressions left after just a few brief sessions
It’s way too early to dissect the meanings or its lessons
But this short time knowing him has been a blessing


No comments:

Post a Comment